2019-11-20

The Minaret


Contact:Address:Zámek 1, 691 44 Lednice
phone:+420 519 340 128
fax:+420 519 340 210
e-mail:lednice@brno.npu.cz
web:www.zamek-lednice.com

Opening hours:
April and October daily except Mondays from 9-16 o'clock
May to September daily except Mondays from 9-17 o'clock.
Lunch break is 12 to 13 o'clock.

Admission: adults: CZK 40, -, children, students, pensioners, handicapped people: CZK 20, -.


The building was established in years 1798 – 1802 according to the project of architect Hardmuth as a view closing of main centre line of the park. It stands on swampy ground on wooden piles. It consists of a one-stored-building and a three-stored tower with galleries. The ground floor is opened by arcades and decorated by moral texts from the Koran; eight rooms on the first floor are conches and enriched by Moresque ornaments. There is an excellent view of the park, The Palava hills and The White Carpathian Mountains from the 60 metres high tower.

minaret-web
Minaret
Report an error
 
Valid XML Valid RSS Valid CSS Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional powered by Poulicek Web Solution, made by Zbyněk Poulíček, webm@ster: kancelar@lednice.cz
© 2007-2016 obec Lednice